As the seasons’ change and the weather gets chilly, our family is once again approaching some dramatic changes. We are very excited to be expecting a fifth family member in 2019!
At the same time, Handy Husband and I have the opportunity to purchase a neighboring property. Along with this purchase comes a move into a larger home. I expect the sale to be complete before the end of the month! While we hoped this might be a possibility, it has all happened very quickly. Our older neighbors decided they were ready to downsize and the purchase is a natural progression for our current project.
While both of these changes are incredibly exciting and positive for our family, it has been a lot to take in all at once. I am thrilled about having adequate corrals, a beautiful barn, additional pasture, and a larger home. At the same time, I am somewhat melancholy about moving out of this little farmhouse. We have worked so hard to create a cozy home. Starting over in a new house seems a daunting task. Let alone starting over in a new home weeks before welcoming a baby into our family.
I needed to take a minute to think about all the thing staying the SAME in our lives.
- We are a family and we love one another.
- Our priorities remain the same.
- This family is a team. We love, accept, and support one another. As we grow by another family member, this dedication to one another remains the same.
- We remain deeply committed to our community. We love this little corner of the world we have taken on and we have no plans to leave. While we are expanding. We are not abandoning the project we have begun.
- I continue to focus on growing and raise our own food. Our lifestyle focuses on healthy, nutritious food that comes from the earth and high quality if not personally raised meat.
- We spend time outside each day.
- Striving for balance in all areaas of life is still the goal.
This life is a journey, that is for sure!